Monday, March 9, 2009

Ice Storm

Here it is, the end of the first week of March, and we got hit with an ice storm. It was nasty all day yesterday, starting with rain, ending with freezing rain and snow. We're not without power, and I think the kids will be going to school, but it just sucks. I was working outside in the garden Saturday, preparing to do more yesterday. I don't think it would have mattered much whether I actually put down newspaper before the storm or not. I just wish I had gotten to it. Now it's too cold for me to go out and do it.

On a brighter note, we're making soap today! I'm going to put calendula leaves in it to help my daughter's eczema. I think I'll scent it lavender mint. My daughters like to help me make soap, so it should be fun. I'll write late in the week to let y'all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment