Thursday, March 5, 2009

Master Gardener

I am currently in training to become a master gardener. A master gardener is a volunteer who exchanges their training for volunteerism. I'm basically learning horticulture in practical terms in order to optimize my garden and help those around me with garden-related issues. I've been studying gardening voraciously for about three years now independently, so sometimes I feel like I'm not learning much. On the other hand, there are a few things here and there that I pick up from the class that I know will help me later. Plus I got two giant binders full of info. I really like the binders.

I still have to figure out what my volunteer project will be for the year. I need to submit 24 volunteer hours over the next year. I think I'll make a monthly display at the library, if I am allowed- I haven't asked yet. I'd rather just do one project, even if it's ongoing, than do a bunch of small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment