Monday, March 30, 2009

Snow Storm

We had another snow storm over the weekend. At first, over 12 inches were forecast. In the end we got about 4 inches. Not bad, but just enough for us to not have anything to do outside over the weekend. It turned out alright, though, because my sister-in-law had a baby last week, so we got to go see the newest addition to the family on my husband's side. Now we're up to 2 nieces and one nephew, along with our two girls. Between us, my husband and I like to "call" who's having the next baby amongst our sisters-in-law. I'm not having any more babies, so I'm out of the running. Right now it's between two sisters-in-law, since the other sister-in-law is in no hurry to have more babies any time soon.

But I digress. Because of a bad allergic reaction to something in the air, I hadn't accomplished much in the way of the garden last week. My pepper seeds are starting to sprout, which is very exciting! Next is tomatoes. Due to limited space, I cannot start both at once. I am hoping to start tomatoes this week.

Oh, and we have a new addition to our family! A friend at Master Gardening class gave me a peace lily last week. Right now I've got it kind of quarantined away from the other house plants, but so far things are going pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment