Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Linux

So my husband just installed Linux on our computer last night. I like it so far. I had been wanting him to install Linux for a very long time. I don't know much about computers, so I was waiting for him to do it. The best I can so, so far, is setting up Adsense...and I even needed his help for that!

The main reasons we're doing Linux is for open sourcing and ease of customization. One of my husband's hobbies is to get the computer customized just the way he likes it. He could spend hours doing it. For the most part I don't mind because he usually comes up with some pretty cool features when he's done. So we're both dorks- I love gardening and he loves computers.

By the way, on the gardening front, the Master Gardener's info meeting is tomorrow night! I'm so fired up about it! I haven't told my girls yet, though. Mommy being gone during bedtime is a huge deal. A lot of times one or both of them simply will not go to sleep without Mommy here. I'm going to tell them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment